Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Free writing Response:

This is an interesting way of developing ideas. I was discouraged at first because I was not sure if anything interesting would come out of my writing. After focusing on getting comfortable and being honest about what I was thinking, I got results. I tried to write consistently because if I stopped, I would end up thinking too hard and writing down used ideas. I wanted fresh thoughts. Some old thoughts and subject matter came out as a result of daily influences and past experiences. I got started by writing something simple such as my actions at that moment, and I expounded from that to potential topics and ideas. Some of them I "subconsciously" thought of before and got the chance to unpack in this process. I got on a few rants. One was nostalgic, and some others are in danger of being cheesy, but oh well. What I found both interesting and difficult was trying to write fast enough to keep up with my thoughts. My thoughts jumped ahead several thoughts as I was writing the old one down. As a result of that, I misspelled words and altered some phrases. Also, in the distilling process, the context of key words in a favored statement changed once they were singled out. I also began thinking about how the search engines interpret words like "redundant", "regular", and "authentic". What does a computer or code consider authentic?

No comments:

Post a Comment